Equity Education - Bullying and Nondiscrimination Information
Education Equity Requirements
Both federal and state laws require that there be no discrimination in educational programs or in school hiring practices on the basis of race, national origin, color, religion, creed, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio economic status, or marital status.
Districts are required to implement multicultural, gender-fair approaches to the entire educational program.
This web site is being developed to provide information to students, parents and patrons to ensure that we are improving our district in the hope that we are in compliance with the spirit and the letter of Federal and State mandates related to equity in the educational program.
Our goal is to continually improve our district in the area of Educational Equity by reviewing and improving the following areas:
- Nondiscrimination policy
- Designation of and activity of the equity coordinator
- Grievance procedure for discrimination and harassment
- Notification procedures - Major annual publications and handbooks, Workplace learning, Employees & applicants for employment, Website
- Review, analysis, and response to enrollment patterns showing segregation/isolation by gender, race/ethnicity, national origin, or disability in the areas of career and technical programs, physical education, music, math, science, foreign language, special education, upper level courses, AP courses, and extra- and co-curricular activities
- Access to all programs and services (disability) while looking at physical access, least restrictive environment, free and appropriate public education, and use of assistive technology
- Student marital/parental status, looking at both policy and practice, while providing services that integrate rather than segregate students.
- Equal employment opportunity in the areas of recruitment, application and hiring process, personnel practices and supervision, and staff evaluation
Iowa Code - These are items that are found in Iowa Code but do not appear in Chapter 12. All of chapter 12 is supported by Iowa Code or applicable federal legislation.
- Career & technical advisory council/committee: gender balance; racial/ethnic, national origin and disability representation
- Designation of employee to coordinate equal employment opportunity/affirmative action plan
- Harassment/Bullying/Hazing policy and implementation
- Language and other support services for English language learners
- Equal Employment Opportunities/Affirmative Action
- School Improvement Advisory Committee